[OpenAFS-devel] Cross compilation fixes
Michael Raitza
2018-10-17 17:38:11 UTC
I tried to cross-compile openafs-1.8 for ARM64 on an X86-64 build system and found that openafs compiles several build-time tools, notably compile_et, rxgen and config. They obviously fail to be usable during build time.

I made a proof-of-concept patch, which undoubtedly may need improvement, but I wanted to ask for comments on the direction to improve it.

Also, I haven't found any information on how to submit patches or PRs.

So I stop this message at this point waiting for interest and instructions. Once I can make the patch available, I'd be happy to point out my ideas behind it.

Kind regards,
Michael
Stephan Wiesand
2018-10-17 18:41:06 UTC
Post by Michael Raitza
I tried to cross-compile openafs-1.8 for ARM64 on an X86-64 build system and found that openafs compiles several build-time tools, notably compile_et, rxgen and config. They obviously fail to be usable during build time.
I made a proof-of-concept patch, which undoubtedly may need improvement, but I wanted to ask for comments on the direction to improve it.
Also, I haven't found any information on how to submit patches or PRs.
Please have a look at https://wiki.openafs.org/devel/GitDevelopers/ . The "any OpenID" part may be a bit misleading - a launchpad account will work.

Once you mastered this step, pushing your proposed change to gerrit.openafs.org for review by others is just what you're after.
Post by Michael Raitza
So I stop this message at this point waiting for interest and instructions. Once I can make the patch available, I'd be happy to point out my ideas behind it.
Your ideas behind the change should be pointed out in the commit message. That will make the description of your thoughts eternal when your change is accepted.

Please remember pushing to the master branch, not to one of the stable branches.

If you still have trouble making your contribution available to the project, please let us know.

Best regards,
OpenAFS-devel mailing list
OpenAFS-***@openafs.org